As a principal PHP Developer, you are an expert in using the PHP programming tools,
languages and libraries that fuel the web services / applications. We are looking for a
creative problem solver with critical thinking skills who will be an enthusiastic team
player. The person in this position will be expected to work independently to provide and
communicate the solutions effectively to the team both in terms of verbal and writing.
The person also requires fast learning skill to catch up the business requirements as well
as the technology changes. This person must be someone who defines success through
delivering high-quality solutions in a frequent, timely manner.
The main work items for the person under this position would be:
- Analyze and discuss the requirement with the client.
- Turn business requirements from vague to clear with client as well as convert
business requirements to technical requirements for the team.
- Provide and discuss the technical solution and design to implement the
- Track team progress and report the project status to client.
- Tackle technical challenges as well as guiding team to work smoothly with the
client’s contact points.
- Discuss with 3 rd party contact points to fully integrate the system with various 3 rd
- Implement the web service or web application using PHP language, tools,
libraries or frameworks.
- Design and implement MySQL/MSSQL database schema / stored procedure
- Review code of the team.
- Troubleshoot production issue of the system.
- Improve performance of the system by optimizing the PHP backend code as well
as the database schema/stored procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong at PHP programming
- Familiar with PHP tools, libraries and framework like CakePHP, Drupal,
- Good at creating effective MySQL/MSSQL database schema and stored
- Good at creating web service and web application
- Familiar with C#/.NET is a plus
- Minimum 3 year of software development experience using PHP related