As Senior full-stack web developer, you’ll be expected to code using service-oriented architecture (SOA), building for scale, performance and reliability. You will understand how the end-to-end stack works and how each service needs to fit and integrate in supporting customer-driven scenarios.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
● Planning your own work and helping more junior team members to plan their work.
● Performing code review.
● Participating in architecture discussions and decisions.
● Working closely with local and European product team members.
● Playing a leadership role during planning and estimation sessions.
● Work together with the product support team and QA to ensure our application functions to the high standard that our users expect.
Your Skills and Experience
What you need for success
Your recent work experience should display an ability to collaborate with many different types of people, challenge ideas and come with even better ones supported by most recent technology – and last but not least put the customers first and let solutions be driven by understanding their needs and ecosystems.
Besides your professional skills, we are looking for a person with creative problem solving skills and the ability to work autonomously in an agile organisation. You must have good skills and confidence speaking, writing and listening in English.
Skills and experience
- Education: Bachelor of IT or equivalent (preferred Masters level).
- 5+ years experience in web application development.
- Good written and spoken English language skills.
- Rest API or other service approach
- Experience with DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra or similar NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with Node.js
- Testing suites and Unit tests on the frameworks listed above.
- Experience working in a Scrum and/or Kanban team using tools such as Jira and git.
- Experience doing code review.
Nice to have:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience.
- Responsive web applications.
- Unix development experience.
- Domain Driven Design experience.
- Integration with third party APIs.
- Experience with high load applications.
- Experience working with international colleagues.
- Passionate about the product and the creative process.
- Self-motivated and driven by your results.
- Willing to contribute and take the initiative to execute innovative new ideas.
- You like to participate in planning, code review, retrospectives and improvement.
- You like to deliver high quality solutions to match the pace of our business needs.
- We expect you to be a natural team-player and not afraid to ask questions or make suggestions.